Quick post basically for me to look back at this later in the year.
Took an IDN that wasn’t being updated & revamped it & worked a bit harder on Social Media strategies.
Some of the results are
1. Grew a FaceBook community from scratch since January 5th to January 31st from 0 to over 300 members
2. Grew a Twitter account from 250 Followers to over 400 Followers in one month
3. Generated more than 30 retweets from influential people in that vertical (Important & can’t stress this)
4. Obtained almost no site backlinks other than Social
5. Generated over 80 engaged users in FaceBook (Likes, Shares, etc)
6. Concentrated on usability & making the site better for users to use.
Site went from 30 uniques a day to 150 uniques a day
70% of the traffic comes from Social Media
Main term ranking rose from past 100 to 19 on both Google & Yahoo.
The goal is not to immediately start sticking in ads to get paid. It’s to create a network of sites that have authority & users use. The subject of the first site isn’t even important, it’s creating a system. FaceBook allows me to retain my target users & immediately inject my content into their content timeline. By having authority figures in those verticals post reshare or use your Social Media pages it builds authority to you site.
I’ve found a person who is a big collector of the subject of one of my domains. I’ll create the system, do the Social Media marketing aspect & create content guidelines. He’s create the content. I’ll duplicate this with others.
I know some of you are developing & I appreciate those who read this & continue to control your domains.